and Nature Swing
Dorothy Harvey, Executive Producer of
Bopedo Productions, is pleased to
announce the release of the third in a series of jazz
adaptations of familiar and traditional hymns. Following on the success
of, “An Old Fashioned Hymn Swing” (1996) and “Swing Unto the Lord”
(2001) we are pleased to announce the release of “Heaven
& Nature Swing:”
Peter Dent - Piano,
the originator of the series is again the arranger
and the pianist. For this CD, he is joined by
Neil Swainson - Bass. Mr.
Swainson is an artist of international stature, having spent 16 years
with the legendary George Shearing.
1) The Swinging Shepherd: (Martyrdom) The Lord's my shepherd
2) Plainsong: (Veni Emmanuel) Ocome, O come Emmanuel
3) Five Four Winter: (Cranham) In the bleak midwinter.
4) Come and Worship: (Regent Square) Angels form th realms of glory.
5) Another Silent Night: (Stille Nacht) Silent Night, Holy night.
6) Neaven and Nature Swing: (Antioch) Joy to the world. LISTEN (MP3 file - 800K)
7) Winchester 2003: (Winchester New) Ride on, ride on in majesty.
8) Agnus Dei: (Lamb of God) Lamb of God.
9) Bedrock of Ages: (Toplady) Rock of ages, cleft for me.
10) Cubano Call: (The Call) Come my Way, my Truth, my Life.
11) Swinging Sheaves: (Bringing in the Sheaves) Sowing in the morning.
12) Just As It Was: (Woodworth) Just as I am.
13) Unnamed Melody: (Sine Nomine) For all the saints.
14) For My Dad: (St. Clement) The day Thou gavest, Lord, is ended.
15) The King of Creation: (Lobe Den Herren) Praise to the Lord.
Recorded September 18 & 19, 2006 at Whaler Bay Lodge, Galiano
Recording Engineer: Brook Bilney, Brook’s Yeller House Studio
Piano: Bosendorfer 225
Tuning: David Donovan, Victoria
Graphics: Galiander Graphics
Pressing and Production: Precision Sound, Burnaby, BC
Contact and Purchase
Return to Peter Dent's home